Sunday, October 31, 2021

Monthly Musings : Aug -21 A Year of Freedom & Giving Courage

 Monthly Musings : Aug -21 A Year of Freedom & Giving Courage

15th Aug is celebrated as India Independence day and it was exactly a year ago when Manas chemo was over and he started on his maintenance phase. This month was his 4th quarterly Lumbar Chemo and it went smooth. Thankfully this time the Dexa medicine did not cause major side effects. This month I had shared mine and my family’s experience on how we faced this crisis. It was a tough and emotional to share this with a wider audience but it made me courageous. Many team members appreciated this and said they gained strength. I also went and met a mother who had lost her son and could share some of my limited experience. I was hesitant initially but then felt if someone can get courage from me why not share. It was very satisfying experience. There is enough pain, misery and negativity all around and few moments of sharing and caring make a difference. Manas cricket practice is going on and I also get some more exercise on this pretext. A month of learning and sharing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment