Saturday, April 11, 2020

Weekly Musings : Week 19 Immunity Boosters


Weekly Musings : Week 19 Immunity Boosters

This was another week of Lockdown and I was speaking to my customers and the economic impacts will be severely felt. I was discussing with friends and the topics hovered around what is immunity and how it gets boosted. Touchwood India has been handling it well, it reminded of a discussion I had in 2001 when I was in Scotland about how a survey of people in the UK showed less cases of heart diseases in Birmingham area due to consumption of spices especially turmeric in Indian foods. We Indians would have built some kind of immunity due to the food, exposed to eating open fast foods and overall being used to chaos. All these would have somehow made our mental and physical immunity stronger. Was wondering how an unknown and unseen micro-organism has brought human to their knees and made them re-look at their priorities. Another way of giving a mental immunity booster shot albeit the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment